Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My humble, glorious, joyous, empowering, victorious path today

I want to write about where I am today. Despite my walk with Satan in my earlier years I hit a point in my life where I had to make a decision. I had the choice of death or life. And I was told that in death because I was walking with Satan that I would be joining him in the lake of fire. And I was shown what hell was like in a dream. Always in pain. Screaming from terror. Burning forever. I awoke and knew that that place was so not for me. So I asked God to save me. And it was a daily walk in faith with him as it is today to heal. And I continue to heal and walk to this day. I am not perfect and fall from time to time as well as learning from God. But when I fall I stand back up with God's help.

Awhile ago, I shared a piece of Joyce Meyers story and how she was able to speak with her father and he owned up and asked for forgiveness from Joyce. She gave it as well as seeing this man accept Christ. That kind of faith and love is so amazing. And I have experienced that in letting my dad know by writing him a letter. I told him that my heart was healed and forgiving him as well as my mom. I stuck the letter to a balloon and floated it up in the sky. And in that release, this peace came over me as well as a joy. I cried and laughed at the same time. I cried out of joy and laughed out of peace. I was free. The past no longer held me back. I was able to break the chains that Satan had shackled on me.  Hate, anger, shame, guilt, greed, selfishness. All of that was washed away.

Now just because I came to Christ does not mean I became some holier than thou type or my life was a bed of roses lol...far from it. I lead a humble life and will die leaving a humble life behind. I have may faults that God is still working with me on lol...but each day I become more and more what he wants me to be. I have walked a very rough road but I would not change my path for anything.

Today, I love my kids and have shown them a healthy path to living a good life or I am trying to get them there lol...I wanted to give them a life full of possibilities and I believe I have done and continue to do that. I have some awesome kids and love the unconditionally. Just as God loves me unconditionally and continues to teach me daily how to live and love through him. He saved me from the grasp of Satan. He saved me from the lake of fire.

I was a liar. I was an adulterer. I was an abusive parent. I was a neglectful parent. I was a negative person. I used people for my own selfish gains in life. I stole and cheated. I blamed others for my wrong doings instead of taking responsibility for my own actions. I hurt and burnt many bridges. And I did not care. I was an alcoholic. But God wiped all that away. Today I can laugh and love through him. I can be the mom my kids needed. I may not be what they want but I am what they need. I love myself today. I am free today. I can forgive today. I still have rough times in my life but if I stay on that path of faith I am seen through it and come out more knowledgeable and wise because I stayed on that path. There were times I have fallen off that path but God was there to help me back up. I lead an amazing, wonderful life today. Life after abuse is possible. I have what I need today. And God is working in me right this very minute to do his will...do I know what that is...not entirely but that's what makes this journey exciting.

I will leave this here tonight. Thank you for reading this blog and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment